Thursday, April 4, 2013

Layers!


Happy thursday!! Today at school I noticed that now that it's spring time, everyone is cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon. A good way to fix this is layering! Just having layers is a great way to look fashionable, and still be comfortable throughout the day.

Layering to me came hard at first. I mean, I didn't get it! What I ended up doing is going to places like forever 21 and urban outfitters and looking at what the manaquins were wearing. Most of them were layered with tank tops, shirts, jackets, and coats. So I started putting together stuff I already had at home that resembled the models. What I found was the less you think about it, the easier it is! 

Cute things I love to do to rock an indie layered look is layering prints over one another. For example, polka dots and Aztec print. Things you normally wouldn't put together look great if its layered with a solid color nearby, like a scarf, or a cute coat.  Normal fashion rules aren't as important in layering because your focus isn't on only a couple prints or colors.  

Different sized tank tops are also cute over one another, so I usually have a couple tanks, a loose shirt, and then a hoodie, and if its very cold, a coat as well! It sounds like a lot, but it looks so cute as an end result!

Layers are great because not only is it cute, but as the days get hotter, just peel off those layers! That way it's as cute as it is practical. Comment thoughts,  things you like, or things I should change! And ideas for next week



No comments:

Post a Comment