Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hipster!


I don't think I'm the only one completely obsessed with hipster-wear. I love high top shorts, I like dip-dyed hair, and can't get enough of flower headbands! Most hipster fashion  is also budget friendly. For example, alot of my accessories come from Claire's because its cheep and cute! Yes, some stuff from there is cheesy or for younger kids, but I go for the hair accessories. Another place that has great accessories is forever 21. I always get my bows from there.

High top shorts are coming back in a big way. A good way to get some without breaking the bank is to go thrift shopping! I go to Good Will or Salvation Army, and they have some of the ugliest pants there, but all you need to so is cut them and dye them! Honestly this is a huge recommendation because other wise your going to pay 30- something dollars for shorts you could have easily made! 



A personal favorite of mine is dip dying or ombré your shorts. It makes them more interesting and cuter than just cut offs. You can always sew things on later too.

What do you do with the part of the pants you cut off??
-visit the site next week and ill tell you some amazing and easy DIY projects you can do with all that extra fabric you cut off!

Surprisingly, I've noticed in Vogue, Cosmo, and other magazines that everyone is raving about crimping you hair??? Yes, while it is defiantly a 70's thing, crimping is coming back! I'm not talking about the whole head type of thing, just small sections to volumize your hair, which is healthier than ratting it anyways. So keep an eye out for that and try it next time you  feel adventurous! You might just live what you see.

Hipster is about bein creative and edgy, and finding new and inventive ways to wear things other people might not do! Next week is DIY project week! Ill show you a few DIY projects I've successfully done, and love!



No comments:

Post a Comment